Friday, August 15, 2008

Worst. Day. Ever.

At least in Georgia. It begins with me waking up at the butt crack of dawn to prepare for our New Graduate Student Orientation. I go to pick up Rachel to take her to campus because she's on my way. I go outside in my professional ensemble carrying boxes, etc. and it is POURING RAIN. Minor set back. I go get an umbrella and we're back on track..... until I get lost on the way to Rachel's house because of the rain. It's ok. I built in time because I naturally tend to run late.

I get Rachel to campus and decide I have time to make a Wal-Mart run to pick up some last minute essentials for the breakfast before orientation. More trudging through rain in a skirt. Funzies.

Last stop I have to make is to Jittery Joe's, a coffee shop near-ish to Wal-Mart to pick up coffee for the breakfast. Perpetually in a hurry, I swing the door open across my foot--which has a very professional, very open top portion of the shoe. JJ's door leaves a GINORMOUS gash on my right foot by the big toe knuckle. Trying not to cry, I order the coffee and let blood pool in my shoe.

I get to Dawson Hall, where orientation is taking place. The other GSO officers come to help me. As I'm pulling stuff out of the car, I set my purse in the passenger seat and turn to answer a question, closing and locking my purse, cellphone and keys in my car....which is in an illegal parking space. I had to wait an hour and pay $55 to get my keys out. Great.

Of course there was the tending of my still bleeding foot. Oh... and an orientation to run. Orientation was also AWFUL for many reasons that I won't expand upon here, but seriously! I have never EVER had a worse day. Wow.

I'll post pics later of my foot. I thought for a second I would need stitches.

1 comment:

Two Bushes and Two Shrubs said...

That IS a rotten day. I wish I was there to give you a BIG hug. Hang in there, girl! After a day like THAT, things have to go up. Love u!