Saturday, August 9, 2008

In the beginning...

I had decided for our first anniversary I would start a blog. Many of my friends have started one to mark changes in their lives (marriage, babies, etc.). I must have missed that memo. So... in true Wagner (Donahue) form, I am late in starting my "new life" blog and I am also late in my decision to start that blog on our first anniversary (my idea of a change in our life). Awesome.

This blog will also serve as an excellent new source of procrastination for me. God knows I can't be doing schoolwork ALL the time :)

Finally, I'm hoping this will be a great way to update my friends and loved ones of our continuing adventures through moves, marriage, money, etc.

So... in order to start this thing off right, here's some information for inquiring minds:

Stephen and I have been married 1 year and five days. At this time last year, we had been married five days, been on a honeymoon, moved to Georgia, and I started graduate school.

We have an evil dog named Stella who wants to eat small children.

Stephen works at a brew pub in downtown Athens.

I am a slave to the University of Georgia. In one short year, I have taught an undergraduate lab, tested four year old's phonological awareness, was part of six figured grant, asked the question ," what is the first meal of the day called?" to 200 small children, and packed 1,000,000 pieces of tiny play food into HUGE boxes.

We are not fans of Georgia. The State, The school, the football.... none of it.

I'm going to graduate school to become a child life specialist. Don't know what that is? Read about it here.

Stephen's still not sure about what he wants to do next. He's considering a Masters in Forensic Science or becoming a Master Brewer. I think either one would be awesome.

We are extremely happy together. I am so lucky to have a friend and husband like him.

This was funzies. We'll have to do it again soon.

1 comment:

Two Bushes and Two Shrubs said...

Yay, you have a blog! I'm excited! Sorry we haven't chatted in a while, but I'm glad I can keep up with you here. P.S. We're both impressed with the name of your blog. Love u guys SO much and can't wait to see you! :)